Wednesday, June 24, 2009

STOP LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO MARRY START LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO DEVELOP!

Sweetheart! It’s really nice to reach you with this instructive piece. You might be wondering at the title of this write-up. As you read on, you will catch my drift. Let me begin with a story of one of my mentors, Myles Munroe, a multi-gifted international motivational speaker, international best selling author and business consultant. I once attended a program, where he spoke and I was challenged to change. When he was 18 years old, he and his three friends would organize a crusade, gather about 5, 000 youths together and minister to them. At a point, the Prime Minister of his country invited him and they conversed as stated below;Prime Minister: Are you the young man changing the country?Myles Munroe: Yes Sir.Prime Minister: But you are just 18 years old?Myles Munroe: Yes Sir.Prime Minister: Do you know you have more influence than me in this country because I can’t gather those youths the way you do?Myles Munroe: No Sir. The challenge here is “What are you doing with your youth and singleness? By the time Myles Munroe was 20, he had impacted his country significantly to the extent that when his country, Bahamas was to get independence from Great Britain, the Prime Minister invited him with his three friends to represent the country before Prince Charles of England in the Independence Ceremony!Going back to the title of this write-up, the truth is most of us are always looking for who to marry. These days, even several teenagers, who are supposed to focus on their studies, are busy looking for a boyfriend or girlfriend. According to Myles Munroe, singleness is more important than marriage. In the sense that when you are single, you can devote yourself to serving God and your generation. It bothers me that some youths’ waking and sleeping thought is WHO WILL I MARRY or WHEN WILL I GET ENGAGED/MARRIED? My counsel to you is this – instead of looking for someone to marry, look for someone to develop and let that someone be YOU. Develop yourself everyday. Develop an effective prayer life. Get a great vision, a powerful sense of direction for your life. From experience, I can tell you that it is only those who don’t have a powerful vision for their lives that complain of loneliness. No visionary bachelor or spinster suffers from loneliness. Develop your sense of intellect, read books, listen to tapes & CDs that accelerate your personal growth. Acquire knowledge and skills that can turn you into a great asset to your family, to the Body of Christ, to your country and to the world. Get a degree, go for your Masters, and write a book, there are indeed so many things you can do to make the most of your singleness. Wake up everyday to pursue your dreams. For example, one of my hottest dreams is IN FIVE YEARS TIME, I SEE MYSELF AS A SPIRIT-FILLED MOTIVATOR AND BEST PROFESSIONAL PUBLIC SPEAKER NIGERIA HAS EVER PRESENTED TO THE WORLD! Everyday, I work towards this dream and it is gradually coming true as I am already getting speaking invitations. My dear, focus your time, talents on touching and changing lives positively. In the course of pursuing your dreams everyday, the All-wise God will arrange circumstances and bring you across your life partner. By the time you meet your partner, you won’t be a liability, but a blessing. He or she will be grateful to God for meeting you! Listen! You must get to a point where as a SINGLE; you are pre-occupied with serving God and blessing your generation with your time and talents. Stop pitying yourself, that you don’t have a partner yet. Stop looking for someone to marry, start looking for someone to develop and I tell you, you will find yourself on the path of greatness & fulfilment!
BY IDOWU OMISORE a.k.a ID Greatness!
Best selling Author, INVEST YOUR YOUTHFUL YEARS
Spirit-filled Motivator & Public Speaker
08059371461,
omisorei@yahoo.com
www.idowuomisore.blogspot.com

6 comments:

priceless said...

ID WORLD'S GREATEST...WHOA I GOT A WITNESS IN MY HEART ALREADY.. THIS POST IS GREAT. GOD BLESS U. I HERAD ABOUT YOU FEW WEEKS AGO IN RESPECT OF YOUR BOOK INVESTING YOUR YOUTHFUL YEARS.. YOU ARE BLESS ID . I WILL CONTACT UR EMAIL

taiwo said...

Hello ID greatness i feeel you
i realy enjoy and appreciate your book.
you are wonderful,
thumbs up!
please i need a copy of the book. "investing your youthful" years you can reach me on taimt2007@yahoo.com
thanks

John Obuku said...

jugallA loaded post, I love the details and your style of presentation. keep the good work. But why the long delay to post any new one? Am looking forward to see more from you sir. Take Charge!

Unknown said...

FROM THE VERY FIRST DAY I SAW YOUR BOOK, I KNEW WITHIN ME THAT THE BOOK IS A LIFE CHANGING BOOK. I BOUGHT IT AND READ IT AND TRULY IT CHANGED MY LIFE FOR THE BETTER. THE BOOK INVESTING YOUR YOUTHFUL YEARS IS A GREAT BOOK THAT IS MEANT FOR GREAT PEOPLE. WELL DONE BRO, WELL DONE. YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB AND MAY THE LORD GOD OF HOST REWARD YOU IMMENSELY FOR CHANGING OUR GENERATION TO A GREATER AND BETTER ONE. MORE GREASE TO YOUR ELBOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

FROM THE VERY FIRST DAY I SAW YOUR BOOK, I KNEW WITHIN ME THAT THE BOOK IS A LIFE CHANGING BOOK. I BOUGHT IT AND READ IT AND TRULY IT CHANGED MY LIFE FOR THE BETTER. THE BOOK INVESTING YOUR YOUTHFUL YEARS IS A GREAT BOOK THAT IS MEANT FOR GREAT PEOPLE. WELL DONE BRO, WELL DONE. YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB AND MAY THE LORD GOD OF HOST REWARD YOU IMMENSELY FOR CHANGING OUR GENERATION TO A GREATER AND BETTER ONE. MORE GREASE TO YOUR ELBOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kareem said...

You wouldn't believe what this has just done to me. It has just succeeded in unleashing a great man on top of the entire business world in me. My entire life had been hidden in work work work until now, though spiritual life still intact. I, KAREEM ADEKUNLE will be on top of the business/finance world in the next few years in Jesus name, AMEN! Watch out bro...thanx for the waking.