Monday, September 20, 2010

Musings of An Addict

The traffic on the road this morning was horrible! I managed to get to the office...two minutes to resumption time! So happy I could make it. You know, lateness is not a virtue! As I sat in the bus, while coming to the office, I feasted on Psalms 63. There I found David, the sweet psalmist expressing his desperation for God. For some time now, I have been longing for a deeper experience with God, but the 'cares of this life' have been getting in my way. Enough of this lukewarmness, laxity, lethargy...
I just want to be addicted to God in the place of praying, worshipping His Majesty, living out the life of righteousness, preaching the Word and shining forth His glory.
Lord, set my heart ablaze with your love! I just want to be addicted to you...I perfectly understand that - To be much for God is to be much with God.  I really pray God takes me out of this rat race, so I can run gracefully wth the great visions in my heart...Lord, lead me into the fulfilment of my destiny.
It's time to seek for a deeper experience by spending time in the Presence of God. Our attention must develop into affection and our affection into addiction for God and for the things of God.
Addiction, in this regard, is neither automatic or arbitrary. It must be cultivated through  a deep thirst, sustained enthusiasm and disciplined choices. Most importantly, there must be a THIRST. Thirst first. Thirst is what provokes the pursuit of the Invisible God. Are you ready to pursue the invisible? 

2 comments:

John Obuku said...

Nice post!...I really love the sincerity with which you expressed you longing for God and how the vicisitudes of life has taken hold our lives as worshipper,which leads to complacency! Much luv sir!

Loopingly Made said...

no wonder Paul said 'that I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings...'. He knew there was no greater knowledge in the world than this. That's part of what I see here.