Monday, December 22, 2008

MELODIES FROM MY MIND...

LONESOMENESS IS DECEASED!

The blue skies blinked her eyes
As I set off into the woods
Away I thought
I could be
From boredom
A man overly handsome
Yet very lonesome

The globe rotated
And I saw
Figures like me, scattered

As I approached the woods
Her serenity greeted me
At least Nature cares

Right in the woods
I found him
My essence mate
A journey designed by fate

The vacuum vanished
A new lease of life was released
Life couldn’t be more garnished
Lonesomeness is deceased!

I wrote this when I thought of the need to have someone very close to one’s heart. I actually mean a close and true friend. It has always been my conviction that “A lone ranger is in danger” Like Michael Bolton said, we all need somebody to lean on. Tuesday, January 15, 2008. 5:00pm, Novelpotta


I MISS YOU AS EACH DAY GOES

I had just eaten two and half mangoes
When my pearl bade me a bad goodbye
And turned to a tome of memories
At times, my heart bleeds
When I recall
That I never really knew her
Before she became immortal

O death! Couldn’t you have done better?
And sent me a ransom letter
Before you hijacked her
And left me no breast to suck

My pearl! I heard you were angelic
But you are a now a relic
Now that I have eaten about twenty-five mangoes
I miss you as each day goes

I wrote this in memory of my beloved mother, Mrs. Adeola Florence Omisore, who died when I was two years and six months old. 5:43pm, Tuesday, January 15, 2008. @ Novelpotta



LOVE MOVES

All was still
Then a voice of deep weep
Lurking behind the coat of many colours
Crowds of suspended spirits
A shadowy ambience
Then Love moved

Soothing nerves
Mopping off tears
Calming scared souls
Feeding the famished
Cladding the undressed
Releasing a new lease of life
Easing off pains
Reaching for the neglected

When love moves
Change longed for
From time immemorial
Races into reality
For then, our hearts are knitted
In the spirit of altruism

Let us break our hearts open
And allow the surge of love
Through our hands and lands
Love moves.

“Love is the most powerful positive force I have experienced; I mean the agape love- love that leaves you gaping with awe” 11:16am, Wednesday, January 16, 2008. Novelpotta



THE WOMB WARDROBE

It wasn’t Shakespeare’s twelfth night
It was October’s twelfth day
All things were winsome and wonderful
Then the babe moved
To the womb wardrobe
Dressed up
For a voyage to the world
Now fully clad
Gyrates, and kicks at the door
Birth pangs seize Mama
Cries and cheers rent the air
A great man has arrived!

Written in honour of my day of birth; October 12
1:48pm, Wednesday, January 16, 2008@Novelpotta



“...MY JOURNEY OF ALL AGES”

The stage was set
Little ants gathered
The judge took his seat
And the court session started
Solomon sneaked to watch the movie
The verdict sent his head off his neck
He scampered
Fumbling through the forest
For his head
His mind muttered
“These ants are sages
My journey of all ages”

Thursday, 1:52pm 240108



“THE WHITE-THROATED MONKEYS ARE HERE!”

Hungry hunters
Weak hands, but strong minds
Under the hammer of pressure
To sketch a vicious circle
Around a white-throated monkey
Two weeks in the forest
Like two centuries
Every night
The moon shakes her head in sympathy
The sun spanked them in the day
Then a voice suddenly sounded saying
“The white-throated monkeys are here”

Thursday, 240108 in the afternoon


GAZE AT THE GOLD

Life is for the brave
My son,
Move on gallantly with your vision
Be not deterred
By the waves of words that whittles down
Keep your gaze
Gaze at the gold
Life is for the crave
My son,
Let the flames of fame burn
Beneath the vessel of your soul
By all means
Keep your gaze
Gaze at the gold

4:03pm, Friday January, 24...I was just thinking of the power of persistence despite every storm of discouragement; keeping one’s eye on the trophy!


THE FUTURE IS BELATED

My eyes brimmed with tears
As I wandered down the memory lane
I get hooked by fears
The more I think of the future

The future is belated
So I wish I could fast-forward it
To answer the questions of my soul
And revive my faded spirits.

I rushed to the crystal ball
To revel in revelations
Thursday, January 31, 2008 5:55pm


WHEN SHELL DROPPED THE BOMBSHELL!

It was a Monday morning
I opened my mail box

Only to find a bird
Singing a song I love to hate
But I just have to accept my fate

I opened the box
I saw a message from Shell
Not knowing it was a bombshell
Opening it,
It almost blew off my heart
If not for my bomb-proof!

Tuesday, 01042008, Office


I sat down by the roadside
As cars dash across my eyes
My fragile feet sighted for relief
As I longed for an end

When my spirit is quiet
I hear the still small voice
But when it is noisy
I cannot his loving voice, even if loud

Fri. 250507 11:31am, Ikeja

Now on disvirgined airlines
I stood on dizzy heights
And tho’ts of my plights
Then a map appeared below
Showing the story of my life
Paintings of the past
Telling me to run fast

Thursday, 12:37pm, 140607

When I woke up that morning
I realized I had no money
So I turned to my wife and said “Honey”
Shall we continue this marital journey?

Her eyes ran round the socket
Pouring out tears that could fill buckets
Terribly scared, I began to search all my pockets
And I found a gem that could buy seven markets!

Thursday, 7:05am, 170507, At home

No comments: